Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Crocheted Tea Towel Topper

Hi everyone, I'm Darlene and I am so happy you decided to join me.

Today I am sharing my latest crochet project - crocheted tea towel holders.

They have been on my list for quite some time and I finally got around to doing it. I had an idea of what I wanted but it sorta came together once I had the yarn and crochet hook in my hands.

I knew I wanted a ring to hold the towel. My first thought was shower curtain rings but I didn't have any extras just laying around the house and I didn't want to purchase them.


crocheted tea towel holder

Crocheted Tea Towel TopperThinking, thinking, thinking. Then I had a light bulb moment. Don't you just love those? Bracelets. They are the perfect size and they come in all kinds of colors and styles.

Crocheted Tea Towel TopperI was absolutely delighted to find a set of bracelets at the dollar store. They were perfect and so pretty.



I made this first tea towel holder with the jade bracelet for my daughter who loves green.

I started with single crochet then changed to the star pattern for the front.

I decided to make my own button because I could make it the right size and with the same yarn as the rest of the holder making it easy to coordinate.

I ended up making four crocheted tea towel holders. The green one, then a brown, then burgundy then white. They are going to be Christmas gifts or stocking stuffers.

When you're starting a project do you usually have it all planned out? Or just go with the flow?



Darlene NemethI love to read your opinions and comments. It makes my day.

Bye for now.
Wishing you the best, Darlene

My apologies, all anonymous comments are deleted due to an excessive amount of spam.



Don't forget to subscribe, like and share!

20 comments:

  1. Darlene these are so pretty. I know I'm always having problems with my towels and not having a place to hang them. This would be the perfect solution and it is also a great Christmas gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. I want to make a few more for gifts.

      Delete
  2. This is adorable, Darlene! Thanks for sharing :)

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pretty towel holders Darlene! The bracelet is a great idea!
    Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J&J.
    Enjoy the week. :)
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for a new crochet project for our upcoming long car trip. Thanks to you, Darlene, I've just found it. Can't wait to make these as gifts for all the aunties in our family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quick to make. I made enough for family gifts so I can start on friends now.

      Delete
  5. These are so cute and make a beautiful detail in the kitchen! I'm glad you shared these tea towel toppers at Sweet Inspiration today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Katrin and leaving your sweet comment.

      Delete
  6. I love these! And I love that you used bracelets for the ring! So creative!
    Thank you for sharing with #FiberTuesday! I hope you stop by again this week!
    Susie
    www.ouicrochet.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought it was going to be a shower curtain holder or hair tie. Bracelets is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea to use the bracelets! Love the pattern, too :) Thanks for joining us at Creatively Crafty, I'm sharing all over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lydia. You're so sweet. I appreciate your lovely comment and the sharing.

      Delete
  9. These are cute!

    Thanks for linking up with Welcome Home Wednesdays! Live every Wednesday at 7AM CT.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute!

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, and tips:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete