Sunday, November 1, 2015

Quick and Easy Crocheted Slippers

Hi again. Do you remember last week's post? I shared ten free crocheted slipper patterns for the whole family. Well I already finished a pair and I'm kinda excited to share it with you.


Crocheted Slippers
Crocheted SlippersThis first pair of slippers is for my granddaughter, Honey Bunny. She knew exactly what she wanted. As far as color is concerned anyway. They had to be her favorite color of blue and she wanted a great big bright red flower on the top of her foot with matching trim. And so ta da, she got what she asked for. 
Crocheted Slippers

So much for a Christmas surprise. Or gift. Cause I already gave it to her. I'm not good at that whole don't open til Christmas thing.

Crocheted SlippersCrocheted SlippersAny how here are the slippers. I was inspired by the Starlight Women's Slippers by My Hobby is Crochet. She has patterns for women's and tot sizes. This pair is for an eight year old so I had to make a couple of adjustments.
Crocheted Slippers

I started with the women's pattern for the slipper width and I made it long enough for Honey Bunny's foot measuring from her toe to the front of her ankle. (She liked trying it on for me.)

When it came to stitching around the ankle I split the difference between the ladies 34 single crochets and the tot's 26 single crochet.
This is where I made another change. Instead of crocheting several rows of Half double crochet worked in the 3rd loop I continued crocheting five star pattern rows.

And ended it with four rows of single crochet in bright red.

Honey Bunny loves her new slippers and had great fun modeling them for me.




POST A COMMENT


I love to read your opinions and comments. It makes my day. 

Bye for now. Wishing you the best, Darlene

My apologies, all anonymous comments are deleted due to an excessive amount of spam.






My slippers were featured at Maz's blog party as one of the top three projects.
Thanks Maz.


6 comments:

  1. Hi Darlene,
    These are the cutest crocheted slippers.
    Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie for the sweet compliment and for hosting each week.

      Delete
  2. Haha...so cute! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Darlene, Love the slippers. Beautiful. Pinned also. Your friend, Linda @Crafts a la mode

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing at the party. Pinned & shared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweet slippers, I love the colors you chose. Thanks for sharing with Small Victories Sunday Linkup last week. Pinning to our linkup board and hope you joined us again this weekend.

    ReplyDelete