Sunday, December 7, 2014

Snowman Christmas Tree Ornament - Nail Polish Bottle Transformation



Please Share the Love
Hello. And Welcome. I am so glad you are here. I hope you like today's project. 

I have another DIY Christmas Tree Ornament.

If you missed last week's ornament check it out HERE. Or would you like to see last year's ornament please click HERE.


Ornaments made from old Nail Polish Bottles

These are the items I used:
  • Empty Nail Polish Bottle
  • Black Bristle Board
  • Scissors
  • Black and Orange Marker
  • Dremel Tool to Etch the Glass



Instructions

These are the steps we used to make our ornaments.

  • Etch the bottle glass.
  • Make hat brim as per diagram above.
  • Loosen bottle cap just enough to slip the bristle board brim on then tighten the lip back up.
  • Use the markers to draw the snowman's eyes, mouth and nose.


Nail Polish Bottle Transformation

I would have liked to put eye hooks on the top of the hat and string some pretty ribbon through it but I couldn't find any around the house. 

I had to improvise. I had some stretchy gold cord so I used it. It's tied a knot on the left and right sides. Then the cord is slipped under the lid with the bristle board.


Snow Man Ornaments Made From Old Nail Polish Bottles


I'm not sure I like the cord wrapped around the bottle like that. I may try to find some small eye hooks.

Do you have any suggestions? I thought about thumb tacks but I think the bottles are too heavy for that. 
POST A COMMENT
I love to read your opinions and comments. It makes my day a little bit brighter. 

My apologies, all anonymous comments are deleted due to an excessive amount of spam.


Wishing You a Wonderful Week.



*****************

I am super excited. Emily from Nap Time Creations has included my Snowman  in her Christmas Tree Ornament Round Up.

Thank you Emily so much!

Click HERE to see all ten ornaments.



*****************


THANK YOU ladies for featuring my little guys on your blogs. I am honored and grateful.

If anyone wants to see the other featured posts please visit the Wake Up Wednesday Linky Party HERE.


*****************


Check out this round up of great ideas by Herchel at Gym, Craft, Laundry. She’s featuring some fun homemade ornaments (including mine) so make sure you take a peek.



*****************


I am so grateful to have my snowmen featured at Dear Creatives. Thank you Theresa.



This is what Theresa had to say, "Usually we just toss our old nail polish bottles straight into the recycle but, after seeing this little tutorial you might want to rethink doing that and make your own mini snowman nail polish tree ornaments. Darlene at My Little Shop of Treasures shares how she created these with an easy DIY. If you rather not etch the glass you can pick up some textured snow paint at Michaels making it even easier."

*****************




"Darlene at Let It Shine SHARED her DIY post, Snowman Christmas Tree Ornament. Great idea for re-using nail polish bottles!"

34 comments:

  1. That is an amazing upcycled decoration idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. It's weird. I was just sitting there looking at my daughters huge collection of nail polish when it struck me. The lids sorta look like part of a black hat. .... and the bottle part sorta looks like a snowman's head.....

      Delete
  2. This is so cute, very creative! I'm loving the snowman decorations this year. Pinning this! Stopping by from This Momma's Meandering Mondays. Happy Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bernadyn. There must be something in the air cause I'm loving the snowman decorations this year too!!

      Delete
  3. I love reusing things we would normally throw out and this is a new idea for me. Thanks for sharing this on Merry Monday. Pinned and shared on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know when you're in the mood to make something its always easiest to look around the house to find raw materials. Thanks for sharing

      Delete
  4. oh these bottle snowmen are so cute! I think the eye hook is a great idea but as is it's like he is swinging which is fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swinging! You make me laugh. Thanks. They are kinda fun just hanging and swinging.

      Delete
  5. hi from Turn it Up Tuesday! I love this idea and pinned it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma. Such a compliment to be pinned. :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks ladies for stopping by and leaving me your lovely comment.

      Delete
  7. I love this idea Darlene! I pinned and would like to make these! Enjoy the holiday season.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi July, nice to see you again. Wishing you all the best for the holiday season and into the new year.

      Delete
  8. This is such a cute idea, they make such a sweet ornament.
    I linked over from the "Inspire Us Thursday Link Party" where I am participating too. Would love it if you'd stop by.
    Hugs,
    Antonella
    www.quilling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Antonella. Thanks for stopping by. I'll be sure to pay you a visit.

      Delete
  9. Super cute idea! Thanks for sharing via Mommy Monday!
    OXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. so so cute!! I want to make a bunch of these for gifts!!! Thanks for linking up to the Create Link Inspire party. I'm featuring this Ornament today over on Nap-Time Creations... Pinned and shared all over ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for posting to Motivation Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an excellent example of re-using! Love it! Thank you for sharing your post on the HomeAcre Hop, hope to see you again tomorrow! - Nancy
    The Home Acre Hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy. Thanks for the lovely compliment. I will see you tomorrow at the HomeAcre Hop.

      Delete
  13. Hey! You have been featured on Wake Up Wednesday Linky Party. Check it out here- http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2014/12/wake-up-wednesday-linky-party-47.html

    Feel free to grab the 'Featured' button and to use it on your blog.

    -Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there yourself. :) Thank you for featuring my post. I am honored.

      Delete
  14. Hi Darlene, I think your creative use of nail polish bottles are so stink'n cute. So much so that I'm featuring them this weekend at the DIY Sunday Showcase Party. We had over 400 links this week at the party so your little Snowmen did good!!!! Wishing you a Merry Christmas.
    Marie@The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Marie. I am thrilled and grateful. Thank you sooo much. I can't wait to see it on Sunday.

      Delete
  15. These are so very adorable! Thanks for sharing with Small Victories Sunday linkup. Hope you join us again this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tanya. I enjoyed linking up on Sunday and look forward to the next party.

      Delete
  16. Hi Darlene, Your Little Snowmen ornaments are being featured at DearCreatives Inspiration Spotlight tomorrow! Looks like they are a huge hit with everyone! Thanks for sharing them at the party!! PS Have a lovely holiday season and Merry Christmas!! Hope to see you again soon. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. I'm pleasantly surprised. Thank you for featuring my ornaments at DearCreatives. Wishing you all the best this holiday season.

      Delete
  17. These are so cute and what a great way to reuse these bottles, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Darlene, those snowmen are christmas ornaments, I love them! This is Louise with A gainesville mom writes.blogspot.com. I'm a fairly new co-host for the Wakeup Wednesday Linky. I tell you, if I hadn't joined this team, I would of missed so many beautiful projects! I just wanted to stop by to say congrats for being featured on this linky! I'm your newest follower on +google, twitter, and pinterest! happy holidays to you and your family Darlene!

      Delete