Sunday, September 7, 2014

Made With Love: Blankey for Baby



Please Share the Love


I haven’t been posting very much this last few months but I’ve still been busy.

I spent most of my time with Honey Bunny and my Mom. (Bunny is six now. And my Mom turns 71 at the end of September. Wow.) We didn’t do anything overly exciting this summer but simply enjoyed one another’s company.

I also kept busy crocheting, drawing and working on a couple of writing projects. All of which I will be sharing over the next few weeks with you on my blog and in my Etsy Shop. It’s kinda scary for me but exciting at the same time.

Right now I’d like to share this blue checkered granny square blanket that I crocheted with my grandson in mind. He’s just a couple of months old right now so he’ll be able to enjoy it for quite some time.


Blue Checkered Granny Square Blanket


You will need:
  • 5mm Crochet Hook
  • 1 Super Saver Dark Blue Yarn (approximately 454 g for each color)
  • 2 Super Saver Varieted Blue Yarn


You will make:
  • 18 Dark Blue Basic Granny Squares.
  • 17 Varieted Blue Basic Granny Squares.


Basic Granny Square Pattern


Ch 5. Join with ss to form a ring.

1st Round: Ch 3 (counts a 1 dc). 2dc in ring. *Ch 1. 3dc in ring. Repeat from *twice more. Ch 3. Ss in top of ch 3.

2nd Round: Ch 4 (counts as 1 dc and ch 1). *Ch 1. (3dc. Ch 1 3dc) in neck ch 1 space  for corner. Ch 1. Repeat from * twice more, (3 dc. Ch . 2 dc) in last ch 1 space. Ss in 3rd ch of ch 4.

3rd Round: Ch 3 (counts as 1 dc). 2 dc in ch 1 space. Repeat from * twice more. Ch 1. (3 dc. Ch 1.  3 dc) in last ch 2 space for corner Ch 1. Ss in top of ch 3.

4th Round: Ch 4 (counts as 1 dc and ch 1) 3dc in next ch 1 space. *Ch1. (3dc. Ch2. 3dc) in next ch 2 space for corner. (Ch1, 3 dc in next ch1 space to next corner. Repeat from * twice more. Ch 1 (3 dc. Ch 2. 3 dc) in next ch 2 space for corner. Ch 1. 2dc in last ch1 space. Ss in 3rd ch of ch 4.

 5th Round: ch 3 (counts as  1 dc). 1 dc in back lp  to ch 2 space for corner. *1 dc ch 1 dc ch 1 dc in corner. Dc to next corner. Repeat from * all the way around granny square. Ss in top of ch 3. Fasten off.


Granny Square Layout for Blanket

This is a diagram showing you how to layout your granny squares.

Once you have them all connected you are ready to make the border.









Granny Square Blanket Border


1st Round: dc in back lp to the corner. *1 dc ch 1 dc ch 1 dc in corner. Dc to next corner. Repeat from * all the way around blanket. Ss in top of ch 3. 

2nd Round: 3 dc in each ch 1 sp to the corner. 3dc. Ch1. 3dc in each corner ch 1 sp.

3rd Round to 5th Round: Repeat 2nd Round.

6th Round: *Sc in back lp up to the corner. 3 sc in each ch 1 corner space. Repeat * around blanket.

Fasten off.


Finishing

If I have any loose ends this is when I weave them into the back of the blanket.


Well that's it for today. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed your time with me. 

If you did, please feel free to share the love or opt to follow along on one of the social media platforms. Those friendly little buttons are on the right side bar. Bye for now. Wishing you the best, Darlene

14 comments:

  1. Hi, Darlene

    I love your blanket. It's lovely, I am going to have to try this pattern out. Found your lovely blog over at the Homework Link party. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa. If you do give it a try, I would love to see it and feature it here. Wishing you the best, Darlene

      Delete
  2. You can't beat a granny square can you? Love them and love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I have made so many blankets with granny squares. They are so versatile.

      Delete
  3. looks great! I love making grannies but sometimes it's such a pain to join. Yours baby afghan is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a pain to join. That's why it's nice to make big squares. This blanket was definitely a pain to join. For some reason I had a hard time joining these squares. I would do it wrong then have to take it out to do over. Phew! I'm glad it's done.

      Delete
  4. Very nice blanket! I'm working on a baby blanket right now, and I usually make granny square blankets, but this is my first time NOT making grannies!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will be posting your blanket. I'd love to see it. I'm curious to see what pattern you've chosen.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful blanket! I'm sure your grandson will love it for years.

    Thank you for sharing at my Yarn Fanatic Party. I hope to see you there this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel. I hope he does love it. And thank you for hosting such a wonderful party.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing with Adorned From Above's Link Party. Have a great week.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debi. I'm so glad to see you drop by to pay me a quick visit. Wishing the two of you the best as always, Darlene

      Delete