Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Sweet Dreams Ripple Blanket: Free Crochet Pattern


Hi, I am so glad you decided to stop by for a visit. I hope all is well.

Last weekend Honey Bunny and her Mom went downtown to watch the Christmas Parade. 

Once the Christmas parade happens time just flies and before I know it we are last minute wrapping and it's Christmas Eve. 

I have a few projects to finish before then and well, this is one down. My Sweet Dreams Ripple Baby Blanket. I love this pattern. It is super easy and I have used it in several projects in the past.


Free Crochet Pattern



It is a crocheted blanket for my youngest granddaughter. I already had the pink yarn so lucky her, gets a pink blanket.

I wanted to get a few pictures of her with her new blanket. Oh boy was that a treat. :) 

Every time the camera snapped a picture, she closed her eyes. I must have had four pictures with her eyes closed for every one with her eyes open.





Doesn't she look silly? What a cutie pie!




I had to change the setting on my camera to take several pictures at a time. Finally got a picture of her with her eyes open.

But that wasn't the end of it.

She knows how to pull a hat off now so of course as soon as we put it on her head, she pulled it off. So there I am trying to put the hat on her then moving back into position to snap a picture. 

At the same time she keeps trying to get away. She has been crawling for a few weeks now so there's no holding her back from exploring - and trying to grab my camera.





Sweet Dreams Ripple Blanket: Free Crochet Pattern

As promised here is the pattern.

I used Red Heart Super Saver yarn in pink.  :) and used a 4.5 mm hook.


Chain 160 plus 3.

Row 1:

  • hdc in front loop of 3rd ch from hook
  • (hdc in the next ch) 2 times
  • *sk2
  • (hdc in the next ch) 4 times
  • ch2
  • (hdc in the same ch) 1 time
  • (hdc in the next ch) 3 times*
  • rep from * until the end of the row

Row 2:
  • ch3
  • (hdc in the next ch) 3 times
  • *sk2
  • (hdc in the next ch) 4 times
  • ch2
  • (hdc in the same ch) 1 time
  • (hdc in the next ch) 3 times*
  • rep from * until the end of the row

Rep row 2 to desired length


I'm a visual kind of person. If you're like me the photo with the stitch labels will be extremely helpful. 




Another picture for good measure.




Okay, I couldn't resist. One more. Hey, I'm a Grandma, what can I say?


Sweet Dreams




**********************************


2 Crochet Hooks

Check out these great ladies and their blog - 2 Crochet Hooks.

I guess Millie was looking for a pattern. This is what she wrote  - "Sooooo many Ripples out there but I ended up choosing thisSweet Dreams Ripple Blanket by Darlene Nemeth. The baby is so adorable I just had to use this pattern!"

"The pattern is super easy and super fast. Once I had a few rows done I was able to ‘watch’ tv and crochet at the same time. The only change I made was to crochet in sets of 8 vs. 4. And I imagine my end result may have been a bit bigger. I did 12 rows red for one row of white. My finished afghan fit the top of our queen bed, so the client (hubby) was quite happy!"

Didn't her blanket turn out great! I love the red.



**********************************


Well thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed checking out my blanket. I hope you are inspired to make one of your own. 


And don't forget to stop by my Etsy Shop, Little Shop of Treasures or check out a few other posts.



If you like this post please share the love and connect with me after that`s what keeps us bloggers going isn`t it. 

SHARE THE LOVE



POST A COMMENT
I love to read your opinions and comments. It makes my day a little bit brighter. 

My apologies, all anonymous comments are deleted due to an excessive amount of spam.


Wishing You a Wonderful Week.

26 comments:

  1. Hi Darlene, what a beautiful baby 1st off and the hat and blanket are so pretty and you did a fabulous job! I love it and pinned it. TFS at lemon family party! Julie at julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Julie. Thanks for making my day! Thanks for putting a smile on my face. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweetie pie you have there! And the blanket is the perfect car trip project. Thanks for sharing at Home for the Holidays at Organized 31.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is so cute. I am so happy that I get to cuddle her and kiss her up every day.

      Delete
  4. Love the blanket and she is so adorable. Thanks so much for sharing with Wednesday's Adorned Link Party. Have a great Thanksgiving.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debi and Charly, so glad you love the blanket. Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing the love.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful little princess. Love her all cuddled up with the blankie...they are always precious when they are sleeping. :) Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing with Meandering Mondays! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are precious when they are sleeping. Just want to smooch her little cheeks up.

      Thanks Stacey for stopping by for a quick visit.

      Delete
  6. Hi Darlene, I have this hat and blanket pined to my crochet board on Pinterest and everyone keeps pinning it! You are a big hit with this set. Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Julie, thanks for pinning. And thanks for letting me know that your followers like it. You definitely brought a smile to my face today. Thanks. Have a great day.

      Delete
  7. Your granddaughter is so adorable and you certainly made her a beautiful hat and blanket! I can crochet but need to try a project like this. Thanks for sharing on Creative Monday. I am now a follower, Take care and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy. I can't stop kissing her up. She likes to cuddle with the blanket buts it's impossible to keep the hat on her head. LOL

      Delete
  8. Pretty in Pink.......your granddaughter is so cute and she surely looks nice in Pink........beautiful blanket andi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was trying to think of a title for this post, Pretty in Pink was my first thought. Thanks for stopping by for a visit

      Delete
  9. Thanks for sharing pattern for the blanket. Where would I find pattern for the hat? What a beautiful little angel you have there. Would love to make the hat next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley, I'm glad you like the blanket pattern. Here is the hat patter http://mylittleshopoftreasures.blogspot.ca/2013/10/whip-up-this-simple-crocheted-hat-in.html.

      Delete
  10. So sweet! Thanks for sharing at Whatever Wednesday on Thank You Honey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, thanks for paying me a quick visit and putting a smile on my face.

      Delete
  11. Oh man! I wish I knew how to crochet! I can do a few measly stitches and that's it!

    Thanks for linking up at Take it on Tuesday! See you for tomorrow's link-up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jillian, bet you thought I would never write back. I am doing some catch up. I am grateful for the visit. You know this blanket is just one stitch so you just may be able to do it.

      Delete
  12. The blanket is lovely and she is a doll! Love this. Thanks for linking up at Take it on Tuesday - hope to see you this week!!
    ~ Betsy @ Romance on a dime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betsy. She is too cute. I just have to kiss her up even when she doesn't want it. Nothing like forced affection eh?

      Delete
  13. Love the blanket and the hat. And your grand baby is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish. You know she has already grown so much since these pics were taken. She is already running around and has a five month old baby brother.

      Delete
  14. What a super blanket I love the hdc. Thank you so much for sharing this pattern

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. It really is a simple blanket to make.

      Delete