Saturday, April 13, 2013

DIY Hemp Bracelets




Hi, You Crafty People, welcome to our little blog. Come with me. I want to share something with you that Cole has been working on.

This week we are featuring a DIY Hemp Bracelet. It was first posted on Young Mommy Memoirs.


Now let's take a look and imagine the possibilities. 





 











Materials for DIY Hemp Bracelet

I'm a huge fan of hemp because it's eco-friendly, natural, vegan, durable and nice looking. However, any type of cord can be used for this as long as it's about 1 mm thick.

And the fun part - selecting the beads you want to use! Keep it clean and simple with pretty white beads, or mix it up with some funky colours, shapes and sizes! 

The materials you will need are:
  • 1 mm Hemp 
  • Small beads of your choice
  • Scissors
  • Fabric Adhesive (or White Glue will work)


Instructions for DIY Hemp Bracelet

1. After you have selected your cord, and the beads you want to use, it's time to decide on how long you want it. The way I do this is by wrapping the cord around my wrist. I wrapped mine around my wrist 18 times.


2. Next, you start putting your beads onto the cord. It doesn't matter how many you put on, if you need to put more on after you start you can. I did mine 5 seed beads, 1 blue, 7 seed beads, 1 blue, repeat.  I find that making it too even makes the larger beads cluster once you've wrapped it around your wrist to wear.


3. Now that your beads are on, you can start tying knots between them. The space between the beads is up to you. I seem to like tying the knots 2  cm apart. I tie the knots right up against my larger beads though. This part can be time consuming depending on how long your cord is, but how easy is tying knots? Right?




4. Once your beads are all secured in between your knots, you can attach your lobster claw on one end, and a little loop on the other end - both tied off with double knots. To make sure they don't come apart, I recommend adding some fabric adhesive. I also like to twirl the excess cord around a couple times, then adding more fabric adhesive. But you really don't have to.



And there it is, a cute bracelet. Or you can use it as a necklace or anklet as well. Mix it up!

Or if you don't enjoy making your own jewelry but like the look of these bracelets, you can purchase them at my shop Amity Arts and Crafts.

Have you tried your hand making a hemp bracelet? I know Cole really enjoys making jewelry. 



***************************************************

This was quite a surprise to me. I found this post featured by Loraine Brummer on Squido. The title of her Lens is All Teacher Gift Crafts. It's a fantastic round up. You should check it out HERE.



***************************************************


If your interested, stop by one or both of our Etsy Shops, Little Shop of Treasures or Amity Arts and Crafts or check out this free printable calendar.

If you would like to receive our blog updates please subscribe via email or follow us on Twitter, Pinterest or Blog Lovin.

20 comments:

  1. Great job with the bracelet! I have not gotten into jewelry making yet, I have gotten some tools b/c I thought tht it would be my next challenge but I never got started. You make it look easy so maybe I will try the bracelet at least. New follower, visiting from DWW hop
    Living F.A.B.ulously on Purpose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret
      This bracelet is simple to make and it is so delicate and pretty. You should give it a try! Thanks for the follow.
      Bye for now, Darlene

      Delete
  2. Thanks for coming by What'd You Do This Weekend. Love this bracelet.
    Come back next week with another idea. I love your Pin boards.

    Linda (The Tumbleweed Contessa)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the bracelet. I will see you next week.

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for joining the “OH WHAT A HAPPY DAY” link party today!

    I am your newest follower!
    http://chixnuggetsandcookiebutts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bracelet, and the tutorial is great. I may have to try one of these!

    Thank you for spreading JOY and sharing at the Oh What a HAPPY Day party.

    Holly at Not Done Growing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Holly,
      Thanks for hosting. So happy you love the bracelet. It is very pretty.
      Bye for now, Darlene

      Delete
  5. Visiting from the linkin' with my ladies hop. Now following via bloglovin and gfc.

    I invite you to check my blog tonight when our weekly bloglovin blog hop goes live at midnight est.

    Take care,
    Meg
    Happy Kids, Inc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meg,
      Hey, I'm following you via bloglovin. I will definetly check out the blog hop. Thanks.
      Bye for now, Darlene

      Delete
  6. This is so cute! Thanks for sharing. I'm a new follower via the linkin' with my ladies hop. ;)

    Maria
    www.thislifesbeautifulmoments.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria,
      I am so happy you decided to follow our blog. I look forward to seeing your lovely face and comments.
      Bye for now,Darlene

      Delete
  7. Found you from the blog hop!

    Those are adorable! Definitely worth trying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just be careful. Once you make one everyone will be asking you to make one for them too. LOL.

      Thanks for stopping by for a quick visit.

      Bye for now, Darlene

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the step by step... my daughter took a class in making these but forgot how to do it! Thanks for stopping by the TOTB hop and linking up! Following you now! http://www.mamashighstrung.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, nice to see you here.

      I hope the tutorial was easy to follow. I think Cole did a wonderful job.

      Be seeing you around, Bye for now, Darlene

      Delete
  9. Love, love, love these Darlene...and so easy to make!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michell,
      Aren't they just so pretty - delicate - feminine and definitely easy to make. So glad you love them. Thanks for stopping by.
      Bye for now, Darlene

      Delete
  10. I wanted to stop by and thank you for visiting on WW while I was away, this is a great tutorial, Here is an invitation to stop by this week, have a great night, Karren Haller Oh My Heartsie WW" w/Linky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karren, Thanks, I will be sure to stop by this week.

      Delete
  11. Such a cute idea. I love the bracelets.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete